Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Bob Greene: Total Body Makeover



Terrible DVD
I love Bob Greene's books and watching him on Oprah so just purchased this DVD as it was advertised as a full workout to get in shape but with bonus information. He barely talks at all about getting in shape and some of it is repetitive. On the workout itself I was expecting a get in shape program with lots more info from him instead its lunges...lunges and more lunges and I agree with the previous review about the camera being on him and not on the woman working out. I found this DVD workout boring and the 8 workouts are all the same more lunges!!!! wont be using this again.

Great exercises, but...
PROS: The exercises are excellent, and the DVD is designed to move progressively, with each week's exercises becoming more challenging.

CONS: It takes a few times to get the exercises exactly right. The camera is often focused on Bob Greene more than the person who is actually doing the exercise (she's often out of frame). Instead of watching her do the exercise, we frequently see him smugly telling her how many more to do. Also, there are times when she is doing the exercise wrong, but we don't know until he corrects her (more than halfway through). Maybe he was too busy hamming it up for the camera to really be watching.

I really enjoyed all of Bob Greene's books, but he really annoys me in this DVD. I'm going to continue to do some of the exercises from the routines, but I am skipping the DVD.

I love these workouts and this DVD!
I must say that I LOVE this DVD. The workouts are fast paced and progressive. Bob can be overly happy that there are a few more reps left but I love that he is there coaching me on - he's got the best "no nonsense" approach. I also agree with the other reviewers that there are a lot of lunges (in all directions) but my legs look the best they ever have! I saw results in the first two weeks! It encouraged me to stick with the 8 week plan. (Giving up my wine in the evenings was the hardest)

Kudos to Bob Greene for rounding out his 8 week makeover with some very solid fitness. I've lost over 20 lbs in the 8 week time frame and use the last two workout as my maintenance routine. This one for me is definitely a keeper! It kept the promise of making my body over in 8 weeks... can't say the same for other products that I have tried. 10 min workouts - worked for me.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment