Sunday, October 6, 2013

YogaWorks for Everybody: Beginners AM/PM



Fun and Simple Yoga Workout for Anyone
This DVD is perfect for anyone to try, especially beginners. After practicing yoga a few years ago, I wanted to get back to it again and this DVD was a great choice. Before you get into the yoga workouts, you can watch the Learning Guide to learn all of the different poses, which is great if you never practiced yoga before. The instructors provide clear and simple directions during the workouts making it fun and easy to follow. The DVD has three different sessions you can participate in: AM Wake-Up (very energizing and a great way to start my day), PM Relax and Restore (helps me relax and unwind after a long day at work), and the Beginners' Class. The Beginners' Class is calming and relaxing, helps me clear my mind but also strengthens my core muscles. After the yoga session, you will be relaxed and full of energy. If you live miles away from one of the YogaWorks studios like me, this is the best way to learn and practice yoga by known and knowledgeable teachers.

Detailed Hatha instruction for beginners w/a slow pace
Many reviewers have written some great details about the content, so I'll just keep this brief.
Menu options:
AM wake-up w/Billy (10 min)
Beginner's w/Patty (45 min)
PM Relax & Restore w/Patty (10 min)
(Play All)
Learning Guide w/Patty (15 min)

You'll excuse me not knowing the full names of the instructors, they didn't give their last names, nor could I find the credits anywhere, not even at the end of any of the segments. I could not even find info on the yogaworks site.
Patty's teaching style -
She does tell you always when to inhale/exhale which is great, she tells you what areas each pose strengthens, she gives good postural instructions on how to do the poses correctly, but her teaching style & voice is the style of an aerobics or toning gym class. Her voice is not soothing, I believe she doesn't always give the Sanskrit names of the poses, nor uses terms that are more aligned with traditional teaching like Rodney Yee, etc. This...

Yogaworks for Me!
I heartily concur with the other reviews. This is an excellent video for beginners. The instructor effectively describes each posture, moves at an easy pace and offers modifications for people who are less flexible. I am a beginner and this video affirms & supports everything my instructor has been teaching in class. A great way to practice yoga at home.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment