Sunday, October 6, 2013

YogaWorks for Everybody: Fit Abs



Full Body Workout, Especially the Abs
After working out with the YogaWorks Beginners' AM/PM DVD for a few weeks, I decided I was ready for a more intense workout. This DVD provides a full body workout with a focus on your abs. The instructors are very motivating and provide clear directions, help you breathe correctly and really challenge you. I could feel the muscles in my arms and legs working throughout the entire workout and I definitely felt the burn in my abs! This DVD can provide a fun, yet challenging workout for anyone. If you have forgotten some of the yoga poses, this DVD also has the Learning Guide to remind you. For those who are not able to attend classes at one of the YogaWorks studios, this is a great way to stay fit, healthy and active.

Beginners Only DVD, not for Intermediate or Advance practice
I was disappointed with this video. After reading the description I thought I was buying a DVD that was a "Core Yoga Flow practice" and it was not that at all. The 40 minute segment is very choppy, there is no flow what so ever, and the instructor often stops all moves to explain things for 1-2 minutes before going into the next sequence. I was expecting a vinyasa style flow that had me sweating, but with all the stopping/explanations and the awkward transitions not of a normal vinyasa class I wanted to turn the DVD off 15 minutes in. Definitely for beginners.

so-so
Wouldn't buy this DVD again... It's definitely a good yoga DVD but in my opinion it's just for beginners. The best part is that the instructors talk you through everything so well that it actually allows you to focus on your movement and not break your neck looking at the TV in order to follow the master yogi.
I got this DVD mainly to bring variety into my ab workout routine, but have to say that I was disappointed... However, one of my friends, who works out every blue moon, found some exercises rather challenging.
So if you are a beginner - go for this DVD because it's very explanatory and the exercises won't kill you!

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment