Friday, October 4, 2013

Pussycat Dolls Workout



Don't cha wish you saved your $8?
It's Monday, January 4th. First day back at work. All day long I am mentally psyching myself up to workout because, let's face it, if I loved working out I wouldn't resort to buying a Pussycat Dolls (PCD) Workout DVD at 1:38 am in the morning on Amazon.com. I would be asleep and wake up to take a nice walk. But no. I hate exercise, but love dancing.

It's 5 pm, I drive home, change into workout clothes, take the dog outside, and I put the DVD in.

The cheesy music starts and they show close-ups of the PCD girls and they're all sex-ified. Lovely. This DVD is made for 14 year old boys. I am kind of standing there waiting for the darn intro to finish. Robin Antin is apparently the "creator" (or pimp, your call) of the PCD group and she's going on and on about how great this video is. If you do it daily, you'll look like them in no time!
During this intro all I can think about is 1 thing:

This was probably a waste of $8.

But, I am still...

Unleash your inner Pussycat Doll~
So, this workout was fun and sexy so I gave it three stars; however, there were many drawbacks that prevent this from being a truly awesome workout. I'll tell you some details of the workout and then explain what I saw as deficiencies.

Pussycat Dolls (PCD) Workout DVD is led by Robin Antin, the creator of the group. She is joined by Christina from the group, Girlicious, and 3 ladies from her burlesque show in Vegas. Nicole Scherzinger only shows up in the performance section of the Buttons routine. All of the participants look fabulous and if their physiques don't inspire you to exercise- nothing will. They are trying a bit too hard to be sexy-but what do you expect from PCD.

The workout is split into 3 different 30-second dance routines: Don't Cha, Burlesque and Buttons. Robin takes about 10-15 minutes to teach you each routine, and then there are 3-4 minute performances of each routine. During the performance sections you perform the short routines multiple...

a little cheesy but still fun!
This was kinda of an impulse buy. I was looking for something that would help provide a good cardio workout at home for when I am too lazy to drive to the gym. I am a big fan of workout dvds and am relatively picky with what I put in my collection. I do like this dvd, but I have to say right at the start that it is a little cheesy. I get really annoyed by things like that but it wasn't in excess so I got over it. I bought this at the same time as Julianne Hough's new dvd, and while she is a much better instructor, Robin Antin does a pretty good job too. She isn't as sweet as Julianne, but she does repeat the moves she teaches you enough times that you can pick it up pretty quickly and I have no prior dance experience at ALL! The breakdown of the moves is pretty good too, she doesn't throw so many new things into each set that you forget what moves your doing. I think the reason why you get some cardio from this is because you are repeating the same sets of moves over and over again,...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment