Thursday, October 3, 2013

Brooklyn Heist



Totally Worth Watching!
I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. Other than that guy from the 70's Show, I'd never heard of any of the people involved with it. But someone told my husband it was good, so we gave it a whirl. It's not something I would've picked myself but it turned out to be a lot of fun! Very clever, and better than a lot of other "so-called" comedies that get made these days. It actually has some good characters, an interesting story, and it's funny. It's a heist movie, but it's pretty much the lamest heist ever, which is the point cause it's a comedy. I LMFAO at some of the jokes!!! Anyway, it's told from four different points of view, all in different cinema styles, with all four groups trying to do the same heist on the same night. I didn't really get the 1970s "cinema" style, but my husband loves old movies like that and he said it was spot on. Some of the actors are really great (not that Lolita chick, who my husband loves, but everybody else). And there's the cutest dog...

Fantastic fun!
A really fun, fresh movie with a great visual style - smart and funny! New Yorkers will especially love this one...

A nice little surprise of a movie.
I saw this in Theatre 80 St. Marks. It was a real surprise because it was a free screening that I was invited to before it opened. I enjoyed it. It is low budget, but that gives it charm. The producer played Danny Masterson's character's side kick. He introduced the film. Quite interesting to hear him talk without the accent in the film.
Anyway, I didn't know Danny Masterson was in this movie at first.

I loved how the Russian, or as they put it: 'Arab Slavs' were separated from the rest in black and white. I recommend this movie to everyone.

The interesting part was how that they had music videos that introduced the black gangsters. Anyway, buy it, or watch it somehow.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment