Wednesday, October 16, 2013

We Married Margo



cute independent movie
This was a clever movie; I saw it on IFC while clicking through the channels. It's not a high budget film but it is very cute and funny. The presentation is fresh, these guys definitely don't take themselves or their predicaments seriously. I even laughed out loud a couple of times, which almost never happens at movies nowadays. I would definitely recommend it. It's a buddy film that's undeniably appealing to the chick-flick crowd too. The chemistry and camaraderie between the two main characters (or maybe more accurately, the real-life friends who play them) is genuine and palpable. You'll be treated to a number of clever celebrity cameos, but mostly you should just expect to be hopelessly drawn to a couple of guys you've never seen or heard of before. The fact that Shapiro and Dozier are the same guys who wrote/lived the story undoubtedly contributes to the movie's charm, but who cares why it works...it just works!

Definately Put This One In Your Cart!
This is an excellent movie!!! I caught it on TBS a few years back and looked in vein to find a copy for myself....quirky....fun and ultimately entertaining. I was able to see it again again recently and shared it with a friend....they too were taken in by the story. Buy this movie...sit back and prepare to be engaged with Margo......put it in your cart now!

I really enjoyed this
This was one of those movies that you stumble on when you're trying to do something else, and end up not getting your original plan done. This movie was just captivating to me, in a very quirky way. It's got all the nice things about being an indie movie: a fresh plot, engaging characters, nonsequiteurs that become inside jokes ("Thanks, Margo!"), and more. But without taking itself too seriously, which I think is very important. And above all, it is funny. This movie gave me belly laughs. I was sad to see it wasn't on DVD to buy when I first saw it, but I'm glad it's around now. As was said when the Titanic came into port in Ghostbusters 2... "Better late than never."

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment