Monday, October 14, 2013

Valerie Bertinelli: Losing It And Keeping Fit



Bait and Switch
I was excited to purchase this DVD because I adore Valerie Bertinelli but the DVD I purchased has one 20 minute workout and another barely 30 minute workout (not a 40 minute workout). During the DVD intro with Valerie and her trainer and during their separate interviews, portions of workouts are shown that are NOT in my DVD! For example, my DVD does not include exercises involving a chair (with additional triceps exercises) and it does not include any cardio bursts.

Who is responsible for this? Are there actually different versions of DVDs out there? And did I just pay full 'used' price for a partial product?

I suggest to anyone about to purchase this DVD to communicate with the seller and confirm it contains all the workouts - chair triceps and cardio bursts included.

Best workout DVD!
I truly believe that Losing it and Keeping Fit is the best workout DVD to come to market in many years. It is easy to follow, challenging and fun. Valerie's personality is so real and her relationship with the trainer (Chris)keeps the workout fun. Lastly, the workouts are very effective and full of variety. Chris does seem to like lower body type moves, which is great for the legs. Kudos to Gaiam for once again bringing a great product to market.

Im a beginner
I recently purchased this DVD because I was looking for something easy to follow as I've just decided to begin working out again and I need something to spark my movitation to become fit. I love Valerie, she's relatable and personable.Its like exercising with a girlfriend who has all the same gripes about exercising and keeps it real, unlike watching a Jillian Michael's dvd. I love the quips and banter between her and the trainer Chris. I just wish there were more workouts on the DVD. The workouts do concentrate more on legs and less on upper body. I agree with one of the reviewers that some of the exercises, like the chair bends shown in the preview and bonus material dont appear in the workouts. Perhaps these may be shown on future dvds if there are any to follow. All and all, this a good DVD for a beginner but eventually you will have to go on to an advanced dvd or a different workout to challenge your fitness and weightloss.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment