Sunday, October 6, 2013

Devil Girl



Cool Camera Work/Editing but Weak Story
The story synopsis provided in the Amazon page adequately describes the story, so I'll spare the reader a recitation. I'm one of those people who will endeavor to find something of redeeming value in a film, and there is certainly something present here, namely the camera work, cinematography and editing. Obviously this is a low budget film, not micro budget, but certainly not large budget. And for that classification, it demonstrates a surprisingly high degree of creativity in camera work, etc. It defly pulled off some cool dream-like sequences, hallucinogenic states, etc., without necessarily exposings its potential low budget weaknesses. These aspects alone make this a highly recommended rental, and worth the 1.5 hours or so of your life. What keeps this from being a strongly recommended purchase is its lack of a coherent story. Along with the female protagonist, there is a clown character and a devil girl, neither of whom are accompanied by a worthwile...

100% Grade A garbage
I'm not going to pretend that I purchased this film because I like avant- garde' cinema, because I don't. I purchased it because I like Vanessa Kay from "The Man Show" who plays the titular (get it!) role of "Devil Girl". Now, if she happens to be in a great movie, well, that's a plus. That was just not the case. The entire cast couldn't act its way out of a snuff film. The story is pedantic and frequently makes absolutely no sense. There is not a single likeable or redeemable character from beginning to end. The dialogue is simply painful. Most of the time you are left asking yourself two questions, "What the..." and, "Who talks like that?" The cinematography isn't awful, but is that why you want to watch a film, because it "isn't awful"? I guess this movie has a certain Mystery Science Theatre quality to it, in that it deserves to be lampooned and verbally eviscerated. All in all, save your money and your time. I still like Vanessa Kay, and I hope one day she finds her...

I love shedevils!
the movie sucks, its a low budget film but the two scene with the she devil were worth it for me lol

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment