Tuesday, October 15, 2013

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra



The Movie was an explosion of action and special effects! But......
Yesterday, I received my 2 disc edition of G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, and I looked over the sleeve and it looked nice and got me all excited, reminded me of the G.I. Joe days of when I was a kid watching the cartoon! Then, I later last night put the second disc in to check out the extras! HA that was a joke! The only extras on this 2 disc is the making of the movie, and the special effects behind the scenes thing. Now granted those were cool, but the only real reason for the second disc is for the digital copy! I honestly think this movie is not worth [...] at all, maybe 16.99! Big deal you get the digital copy! How many of us out there really use the digital copy? Where was the deleted and alternate scenes? Is it really coming to the point where things are going to Blu Ray and not to regular dvd which their are a heck of a lot more dvd player owners then blu ray! I say if you are looking at this review on deciding whether to purchase the 2 disc, wait till it goes cheaper and...

guilty pleasure popcorn movie..
I am a fan of this director-Stephen Sommers...."Mummy", "Mummy Returns", "Van Helsing". He really knows how to direct an action pic.

Based upon, yes, the popular action figure for several generations. This film throws a lot of CGI effects (which are impressive) and good-looking actors on the screen. I enjoyed all the eye candy and the action scenes.

the story has something to do with good guys protecting an ultimate weapon from the bad guys; the usual chaos follows.

this movie is a nice way to warm up your cold winter days with heavy action.

recommended mood to be in when you are about to watch this movie: lethargic. You won't feel lethargic after watching it!

fun, energetic film..

Good, but not GI JOE
This is a good action movie, but it's not GI JOE. I don't know why they even bothered to call it GI JOE if they weren't going to stick closely enough to the original source material. Sure you can change things up a bit, but you don't need to go this far. The only time I got the chills at the sight of something that even vaguely represented GI JOE was when Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow were on screen, but that didn't make up for it. The other thing about this film is that it's for the kids. Gritty and real this is not. Some might say it's a bit harsh but I think it's only a hop skip and jump away from Power rangers territory. Even the Fantastic Four seems more serious, and more convincing, at times (much better acting played a big part in this) and even they stayed closer to the source material (Yes, even the one with Silver Surfer). So if you're looking for a good action movie this is good, but we've yet to see something that brings GI JOE to the screen. To be fair, the biggest...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment