Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Shape: Get Lean in 4 Weeks



Best SHAPE DVD since 2006 !!
SHAPE GET LEAN is a challenging, efficient workout! It exceeded my expectations by far. The DVD contains three 20 minute workouts, plus a bonus ab toner.

Full Length Workouts:
FAT BURNING ROUTINE
TOTAL-BODY INTERVAL SCULPTING WORKOUT (this was around 16 minutes)
METABOLISM BOOST
Bonus: 15 MINUTE AB TONER

Yumi Lee is an awesome instructor. Prior to this, I was unaware of her. She explains proper form in such a thorough manner - no other instructor has had this type of impact on my form. Her cues are right on, personality has to be one of the best. She didn't annoy me at all.
In my breakdown, I will include the number of reps that Yumi does up tempo. She does a few reps slowly while explaining form, so I may be off a few reps. Modifications are available for beginners & advanced. Yumi does level 2 exercises, Maureen - level 1, and Vishira - level 3. I will do my best to note modifications.

1. FAT BURNING ROUTINE...

Excellent Instructor
Yumi Lee is probably the best cue-er in the business. Her form tips are right on, she tells you why you are doing each move and what muscles to feel. Her voice is soothing but motivating. I love the emphasis on balance throughout the 3 workouts. I love that she definitely designed this workout so that we would not injure our knees or other joints (unlike Jilliam Michaels 30 day shred which caused me to tear the miniscus in my knees). The only problem I have with it is that the first 2 workouts are slightly repetitive and not as challenging as I had hoped. However, I find when I do all 3 workouts and the ab booseter, I have done a fantastic workout and by my heart rate monitor, I burned 620 calories in an hour and 15 min. I highly recommend this video over the 30 day shred but you need to do more than 1 20 min segment to see results. Even my husband who usually hates female fitness instructors (Denise Austin is waayy to perky for him) loves Yumi because she "gets down to business". I...

A pretty good workout!
Shape: Get Lean in 4 Weeks is led by Yumi Lee, an excellent instructor who has a motivating voice - and is not at all annoying. Her form pointers are excellent and helpful even for the advanced exerciser. She really helped me focus so that I could get the most out of the workout. The DVD consists of three separate workouts:Fat- Burning Routine (20 minutes), Total Body Interval Sculpting Workout (15 minutes) and Metabolism Boost. I'll explain each workout in detail below. Overall, I like the workouts. Low impact, beginner and advanced options are shown throughout so that you can personalize the workout. Also, you get a FREE 1-year subscription to Shape Magazine with the purchase of the DVD! I think this workout is mostly for intermediate level due to the balance and stamina

The Fat Burning Routine is 20 minutes long and consists of kickboxing moves with cardio bursts of jumping jacks or jogging in place. You start off with a brief warmup of light punches and side steps then...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment